Hi everyone! I’m Aaron, one of the people leading the team working on the upcoming WooCommerce apps. We are ready with the second beta of the Android app. Thanks to everyone who installed the first beta and gave us feedback – it is appreciated!
You’re running a store, you can’t always be sitting at a computer, and frankly, some things might be done better on a mobile phone. We want to help!
What is it?
While this is the second step on a longer journey to build many of WooCommerce’s features in this companion app, this app is already providing some useful features that can make your work easier and faster – especially on the go.
- You can check basic orders and revenue statistics with time period selection.
- You can view orders list in chronological order, with status and total value.
- You can review individual orders with all the standard details, and contact customers.
- You can perform basic order fulfilment.
There are some features that we plan to add before the first public release:
- You’ll get notifications about orders and reviews, and the ability to moderate them.
- You’ll see a list of the top selling products on your store.
These are coming soon, with much more on the way so stay tuned!
How to join the test?
If you’ve already installed the first beta of the app, check the Play Store for updates.
If you haven’t helped test the first beta, just follow the instructions on how to join the Android beta.
What to test?
Try doing these tasks:
- Check the reported orders and revenue and see if they match what you see in WooCommerce Reports on web. Make sure to try changing the time periods between “days”, “weeks”, etc.
- Verify that the name of your store matches on the Settings screen.
- Check the list of orders and verify the “infinite scroll” works properly if you have more than 50 orders on your site.
Where to report your feedback?
Sharing your feedback or issues is simple: just comment on this post. Add separate comments for every issue so we can reply specifically, or write one comment with all your thoughts — up to you. And if you’re new to testing, take a look at these tips on writing great feedback.
We are aiming to gather all your feedback in the next two weeks, and close this round of testing on July 31st.